Easter season, Passover celebrations and spring bring to mind the sound of birds chirping and evoke images of flowers, green grass and adorable baby animals ... like the delightful Kinectimals baby animals! The Kinectimals video game for the Xbox 360 with Kinect, allows your whole family - even preschoolers - to play and interact with over 20 virtual baby wild animals like the white tigers, African lions, Iberian lynx and the Kiddo's fave, the Bornean clouded leopard.
Here's five of my favorite things about Kinectimals for Xbox 360 with Kinect:
- It's a video game that requires physical activity. The game involves teaching, training and caring for the wild animals, as they interact and mimic the player's movements. It makes me smile watching my son grinning as he spins around, jumps or plays "dead" while playing the sensor-based video game.
- It's easy enough for a preschooler to play. The directions and clues in the game are easy to follow and require basic body movements or talking. Which means that he can play it on his own without having to call to me to help him with something every 10 minutes. Instead of popping in a movie or pulling something up on Tivo to occupy the Kiddo while I'm on deadline, I've been putting in Kinectimals and he gets more engaging, active time than passively sitting on the sofa waiting for me to be done with my conference call or assignment.
- It connects the physical and interactive video worlds. The Kinectimals video game brings the physical plush Kinectimals to life on the TV. I love that the Kiddo can spend a half hour playing with the stuffed animals, and connect with them virtually in the game by simply scanning the QR code on the animals' scan tags (via Microsoft Tag technology) so he can "unlock" these new characters to play with in the video game. This enhances it from an isolated and detached video game experience into something playful and brings the idea of interacting and caring for a virtual animal home for kids' imaginations.
- The graphics are awesome. The graphics are easy on the eyes and kid-friendly. You can see the furriness of the animals, even the slobber from their kisses.
- The playfulness and cute factor. Kinectimals is seemingly geared toward kids - I'd say the sweet spot is between four and 10 year olds, but tweens, parents and grandparents will have smiles on their faces watching the younger kids play, or even interacting with the adorable animals themselves!
So maybe instead of searching for several small items for each member of your family's Easter baskets, you'll consider a gift the whole family can enjoy. Imagine your family's surprise when sitting next to your festive Easter baskets filled with jelly beans, candy rabbits and chocolate eggs ... they find a family Easter gift of:
- 1 Xbox 360 4GB
- 1 Kinect sensor with Kinect Adventures game
- 1 Kinectimals game
- 2 plush Kinectimal animals
Enter to win the Xbox 360 with Kinect and Kinectimals video game Easter basket or Passover Celebration giveaway! Simply leave a comment below to enter by 11:59 p.m. Monday, April 18th when the contest will end. I will use Random.org to choose a winner and will email the winner Tuesday April 19th morning by 9 a.m. ET. The winner must email me his/her mailing address in order to receive the giveaway prize by Easter. The prize will ship directly from Microsoft.