I'm excited to share that I've been invited to join the Resident Mom team of bloggers sharing our experiences as we travel with our families and visit Residence Inn hotels. As a member, I'm also practically giddy to announce that I've been given a $250 Residence Inn gift card to giveaway to a reader!
Since Carol Cain first introduced me to the Residence Inn hotel chain last summer, we've sought them out during our travels. I was invited to stay at the Residence Inn Times Square for a night last summer, then we stayed on our own dime at a Residence Inn in Pittsburgh, and a Residence Inn in Port Canaveral and thoroughly enjoyed both stays. Here's a few of the elements that make Residence Inn hotels so family-friendly:
1. Complimentary bottled water waiting in the room. Also, microwave popcorn, which kinda makes everyone in the family feel like a kid.
2. Free Wi-Fi in all suites and lobbies. FREE, people!
3. Complimentary grocery shopping service to have items awaiting you upon check-in. Are you going to need baby food? Diapers? You can order grocery items to be picked up for your arrrival, and you're only charged for the cost of the items, there's no service fee added. Niiiiice.
4. A kitchenette in your room - having a sink and refrigerator can sometimes be a necessity when traveling with kids. It's nice that you don't have to ask for a fridge to be brought into the room, it's already there. Full size.
5. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet - with make-your-own waffles. Enough said.
6. Many of the suites offer separate bedroom and living room areas, so you don't have to hover in the bathroom with the lights on after you've finally put the kids to sleep in the dark hotel room. You can stay up, watch TV - or better yet, enjoy free wifi and share photos or videos for your travels so far, or research and plan your next day of family fun.
7. Many nights of the week, Residence Inn offers free BBQ, dinner or drinks. Check with the Residence Inn property you're visiting to see what they're offering during your stay.
GIVEAWAY: Win a stay at a Resident Inn hotel! I have a $250 Residence Inn gift card to giveaway to one lucky reader. To enter to win, just leave me a comment below from now until midnight, August 17, 2012. I'll choose a winner using Random.org, and email the winner to get their mailing address and mail the gift card directly to him/her. Good luck!