Yesterday I attended a fun family travel event at the posh Peninsula Hotel in New York City. The event was sponsored by Baby Cargo, Citrus Lane and The Peninsula New York and showcased a host of stylish and useful products to entertain, contain and sustain babies and kids while traveling.
Here are five of my favorite family travel accessories from the event:
- The BubbleBum inflatable booster seat is a lightweight and portable booster for kids about 4 - 11 years old. I love this because it's small and flexible enough to fit into a carry-on bag or big purse for a flight, and you easily have it ready to inflate and use within minutes waiting for a rental car or taxi. It has belt positioning clips on the sides instead of arm rests, so it's easier to fit three boosters across a row in an SUV or minivan too. LOVE this. You may be able to find it at Target, too!
- Buggyguard is one of those security devices that you don't think you need until you - or someone you know - has their stroller stolen. For about $25, the Buggyguard protects your stroller from would-be thieves when you leave your stroller outside a restaurant, school, your home, coffee shop, on a playground, at the mall - anywhere! It's made by the people behind the ever-useful B-Hook.
- I saw a stroller bag from BabyCargo that breathes new life into the diaper bag. Technically a stroller accessory, it has stroller hooks to attach to the back handles of the stroller, but also has shoulder straps and is flat and useful enough to wear as a messenger bag/diaper bag when not strolling. These are coming soon from BabyCargo.
- DiaperBuds, vacuum-sealed diapers that take up less space and remain clean when tossed in a purse or bag. I'm most excited about their launch of SwimmieBuds coming this spring - the first full-size disposable swim diapers of their kind.
- Hold On Handles give active toddlers and preschoolers something to hold on to when it's important for them to stay close to the stroller - in a busy airport, train station, concert, sidewalk - wherever you need to keep your kids close and you don't have a hand to reach out yourself. These cute plush handles hook onto the stroller and are kid-friendly but not babyish.
This was the first opportunity I've had in a LONG time to mingle with other NYC-area bloggers. It felt so nice to be nearly all caught up from my busy writing season and reconnect with bloggy buddies - and mingle with new! Vera already posted about her experience there too!
Thanks to my friends Trumpeting Media for hosting the event and inviting me to check out some of the latest family travel products!